photo istagram_icon.jpg  photo facebook_icon.jpg photo twitter-icon.jpg  photo arrow.jpg

Search

Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, October 6, 2013

FEARS: I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP

FEAR: an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or be a threat.


Fear is real. Whether you like to acknowledge it or not, we are all afraid of something. It sits there in the pit of our stomachs and most of us keep our fears in the depths, hidden within the folds of our muscle and flesh. But what about you? What are you truly afraid of? What about the fear you struggle to persuade your mind away from? Do you let it out, have you looked someone in the eye and really told them the deepest, darkest, & coldest place in your heart?

We tend to look at fears as weakness, but I believe knowing our fears and fighting against them can bring strength. When we have an idea of what we are fighting against we can fight for truth, we can fight for change within our very being. One of my biggest fears is letting people close and another is growing up. I get fearful that I'm not doing life right, or that I should be where that person is or I should have all these certain things figured out. I have to continuously embrace that fear; certain situations reawaken it and I have to step back, breathe, hold my head up high, & remember that this is my journey.

A lot of times we hide behind our fear, we let our fear make excuses for us; we let our fear hold us back. We feel as though our hearts weren't brave enough, or that people will just never understand us. And that belief in itself leads us into a cycle of fear that we won't be able to escape. Let this season be a season of embracing fears and finding strength and freedom from them. We will always be afraid of something but we need to learn to be in control of our fears, and not let our fears control us. 

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks & eventually vanishes. You are free.

1 comment:

  1. my whole life I've been afraid.I'm proud to say I'm now learning to let it go.xx

    dreaming is believing

    ReplyDelete